Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frozen grapes, Secret Life of Bees, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and Womanizer

In of my classes we had to analyze a blog and the one I chose was a pro-Ana blog, the blogger always mentioned how she had half a cup of frozen grapes. I googled frozen grapes and apparently they're a hit with a lot of people. People say it makes them sweeter and they're good for when you're on a diet. Well I bought a bag of grapes and froze them overnight, they're interesting I'll admit. Pretty tasty, but hard to eat if you have sensitive teeth like I do. They don't freeze all the way through so the inside are somewhat firm but more slush-like. I guess I give them a thumbs up. They take a little time to eat because they're so cold, so enjoy. Better yet, once you take them out of the freezer, let them sit for a few minutes so they can defrost a bit, it makes it a little easier. =)

-----

When I was in 10th grade my earth science teacher gave me a book to read, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. Long story short, a young caucasian girl and her african american maid run away and seek refuge with three honey making sisters. Anyway I thought the book was really good and now....dun dun dun of course they're making a movie for it that's out on October 17, 2008. I was a little upset at first, because I felt that a film would ruin it. However, now I'm a little interested in seeing what comes of it, considering it's been about four years since I've read the book. Some big celebrities starring in the movie are Dakota Fanning (Lilly Owens), Jennifer Hudson (Rosaleen Daise), Queen Latifah (August Boatwright) and Alicia Keys (June Boatwright). I guess I'm looking forward to seeing it. I really did like the book. If you ever have the time go check it out.
-----

Another book I read sometime last year was Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I really liked this book as well, sure it's a teenish book but hey that's what I like. =) Typical, boy meets girl, fall for eachother blah blah blah...anyway, you should read it. It's cute. Anyway, this is another book to movie deal. The movie comes out this Friday (October 3, 2008) and I actually wanna see it, and I need to find someone to go see it with, because I don't go to the movies alone. One thing I'm notttttttt looking forward to is that they pretty much switched the main beginning of the book. If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about. Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes so Tris (Nick's ex-girlfriend) doesn't see him alone. Well, in the movie they swap that and Norah asks Nick instead. I thought that was stupid, but let's see what they do with it. Another thing, while Nick's bandmates are bringing Norah's friend home, they get lost. In the movie, they lose her. I think I like that idea better, it looks funny from the commercials. (which I just so happen to hear on the TV as I type this) So yeah, that's that.
-----

Now for some musica. The latest from Britney Spears, I'm sure if not all, mostly everyone has heard Britney's new single "Womanizer." I must say, I kinda dig it. I'm SO glad that you hear more of her natural voice rather than that animated digitized garbage on her 'Blackout' album. Ugh, seriously that CD disppointed me. HOPEFULLY we'll get a ballad or two on Brit's next album. That was the main thing that turned me off of 'Blackout.' Anyway, 'Womanizer' is yet again another one of those dance/pop songs but it's not that bad at all, I don't change the station when it's on, so that's a good sign. I'm looking forward to seeing what else Britney has coming for us. She's looking much better these days, kudos Brit.

Take a listen to the song below.

0 comments: