Blogger Layouts

Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm sharing a drink with a memory and a laugh with an empty seat...

So, last night I went to a little get together and needless to say, I was very intoxicated. It was kind of funny, I think that's the drunkest I've ever been, sad, but true. My weapon of choice was Bacardi Superior and cranberry and I actually stuck to it instead of jumping around to different things like I usually do. Of course with the exception of a few blackcherry Bacardi jello shots and two shots of Hennessy. Yeah, you're probably thinking "Wow, what an alcoholic." but really I'm not. I only really started drinking about two years ago, which is when I first got drunk. I've had alcohol before that, but never enough to get drunk. Anyway, last night was kind ridiculous, lol. I was starving before I left my house but didn't have time to get anything to eat so yeah, drinking on an empty stomach, I don't recommend it. Especially if you don't have a high tolerance for alcohol, luckily I do. If you're a lightweight and you don't drink responsibly, you'll end up with your head in the toilet. I've only thrown up from drinking on one occasion at a friend's birthday gathering. Someone I hadn't seen in forever told me I was too quiet and kept bringing me rum and cokes and then I had a beer and a half and some vodka...yeah...do NOT mix liquors, trust me on this one. And yeah, that night ended on a bad note, but I don't regret it, that's one lesson learned. Anyway, back to the alcohol tolerance. People watch me drink and they're like "Goddamn." Eh, what can I say? I'm not a lightweight at all. However, Bacardi Superior does its job. So after I left the gathering last night I was nervous about walking home, because usually, and this may sound weird but even drunk I can walk a better straight line than when I'm sober. Yesterday, I couldn't walk right at all. I had to like concentrate on the lines in the sidewalk. I was so glad when I finally made it to my apartment I was so tired by then. It was only about 3 something in the morning, it was so early. (Yes, early.) Time was going soooooo slow! I had just learned in Psychology that alcohol is a depressant, no freaking kidding, each time I looked at my phone for the time it'd be minutes from when I last checked even though it felt like an hour or two. I managed to take my make up off and take out my contacts successfully. When I attempted this that one occasion where I threw up I had so much trouble getting my contacts out that I scratched my eyeballs and they were red. I sat here a while trying to wait it out because I seriously thought that I wouldn't wake up this morning. But alas, here I am. I'm grateful that I don't get hangovers. So, if you're gonna drink, do it socially, eat, and do it responsibly.


I think this song is appropriate for this post. Check out Raposo @ Myspace.


0 comments: